Plastribution can supply a range of polymers that dissolve in water, without polluting the marine environment with harmful microplastics.
You need solutions that:
• Are fully biodegradable
• Are non-harmful to a marine environment
• Provide a potential solution for single use items
• Can be derived from bio and renewable feedstock
• Can be edible
• Can help reduce carbon footprint
• Give an effective gas barrier
• Can be used in conjunction with other materials to enhance recyclability
• Can be water soluble at a variety of temperatures
• Can be home compostable
• Replace traditional multi-polymer structures
• Have the potential to run on standard conversion equipment
What we can offer:
• PVOH based water soluble polymer (45ºC and 85ºC solubility)
• Fully bio based water soluble polymer (25ºC solubility currently)
Aquapak produces multi-functional polymers that promote good cycling and the circular economy. All of their products are designed to eliminate plastic pollution at source as they are water-soluble and biodegrade safely into water, carbon dioxide and mineralised natural biomass.
Lactips produces the first 100% bio-based (with milk protein) and fully biodegradable natural polymer. This material respects the principles of green chemistry. It is totally eco-designed and features the properties of a specialty plastic (gas barrier, water soluble, customisable and… edible). It is a game-changing technology that’s safer for the consumer and the environment. It can be processed using a variety of conventional methods and is suitable for a wide variety of applications (food, cosmetics, detergent and construction).
If you are based in the United Kingdom or Ireland and would like to enquire about any of the products listed in our sustainable polymers portfolio, please complete the enquiry form below – we’ll get back to you shortly.