Biodegradable & Compostable Polymers
We’ve been working with our supply partners to bring a range of innovative, high quality bio-degradable & compostable materials to the UK market.
You need solutions that:
• Reduce emissions into the atmosphere
• Reduce the impact of polymers on the environment
• Reduce the impact of polymers entering the oceans
• Potentially allow home composting of polymers
• Reduce visible littering
• Generate valuable biomass and/or energy
• Provide waste reduction
• Provide by-products that are non-toxic and can be broken down by naturally occurring bacteria
• Can mix with traditional polymers
• Reduce the prevalence of micro plastics
What we can offer:
• Standard & High heat PLA (Polylactic Acid) for demanding applications using biomass from sugar beet and sugarcane
• Biodegradable resin – based on starch from non food-grade tapioca
• Biodegradable compounds – designed for use in packaging and manufacture of film
• Compostable and bio-degradable material – based on milk protein
Aquapak produces multi-functional polymers that promote good cycling and the circular economy. All of their products are designed to eliminate plastic pollution at source as they are water-soluble and biodegrade safely into water, carbon dioxide and mineralised natural biomass.
Lactips produce water soluble and biodegradable thermoplastic pellets based on milk protein that can be used as a raw material for thermoforming, film and injection moulding applications.
Polymateria is a British business developing a new standard in biodegradable and compostable plastics. Our scientists have created a breakthrough proprietary formulation for plastics called Biotransformation, that allows base materials, such as PP and PE, to fully biodegrade in the natural environment.
If you are based in the United Kingdom or Ireland and would like to enquire about any of the products listed in our sustainable polymers portfolio, please complete the enquiry form below – we’ll get back to you shortly.